With a background in the arts - from acting, directing, storytelling, podcasting, improvisation and teaching - I can assist you with just about any artistic endeavor you need.
- Want to record and produce your own podcast?
- Have a stage show you need a director for?
- Need a host with just the right amount of spice?
In addition to performing as a professional improviser with Chicago ComedySportz (1993-1998), I also served as the host of The Moth in Chicago (2011 - 2016) hosting fifty-eight story slams at Haymarket Pub & Brewery, Martyrs', SPACE, Fitzgerald's, and Lincoln Hall as well as eight Moth Grand Slams at Park West and the Athenaeum Theatre.
As a storyteller, I have performed at:
- This Much is True
- (3 times as a teller) The Moth Grandslam
- Story Club (North and South)
- Essay Fiesta
- WNEP Theater's SKALD Competition
- Story Jam
- Story Sessions
- First Person Live
- WRITE CLUB
- Homewood Stories
- The Bucket Show
- (5) side project theater storytelling festival
- The Stoop
- (3) Chicago Liar's Contests
- That's All She Wrote
- Seven Deadly Sins
- Guts & Glory
- Uptown Poetry Slam
- Here, Chicago
- Elizabeth's Crazy Little Thing
- Fillet of Solo
- Do Not Submit
- The God, Death & Sex Show
- Grown Folks Stories
I have also taught workshops in both improvisation and storytelling and can provide a solid curriculum as well as on site teaching for either corporate skill building or personal performance.
FEE: Negotiable depending on budget and interest.